Parent, Teacher, Parishioner Organization of ST. MARK Catholic School.
Parent-teacher organizations are sponsored by the School to promote a cooperative effort at meeting certain needs of the student body. The parent organization is subject in all respects to the control of the school, and all parent organization activities and all materials prepared by parents must be submitted to the principal/administration for approval prior to implementation and/or distribution.
The parent organization should strive:
(from the ST. MARK Handbook)
- to serve in an advisory capacity to support the principal/administration;
- to provide a means by which parents can respectfully articulate their values and expectations regarding the school so that these can be examined and addressed by the principal/administration;
- to support and promote quality Catholic education at the school;
- to encourage Catholic values of family life;
- to share with the teachers the values that parents are attempting to develop with their children at home;
- to acquaint parents with up-to-date information concerning current developments in educational initiatives as they may affect the School so that they can be in a better position to promote the legitimate rights of their children;
- to unify parents in an effort to raise funds each year for the school.
(from the PTPO Constitution)
- Aid in accomplishing the Mission of ST. MARK Catholic School
- Encourage the home, school, and parish community to attain a greater degree of cooperation and understanding of their respective responsibilities in Christian Formation
- Help parents and teachers acquire a profound appreciation of the ideals of Catholic education
- Promote a clearer understanding of the mutual educational responsibilities of parents and teachers
- Assist St. Mark Catholic School by sponsoring and conducting fund raising projects and by coordinating volunteer activities
- Provide a conduit for communications between parents, faculty and parishioners